Low Risk Confined Space 6150-01
Our Low Risk Confined Space course is a City & Guilds course aimed at individuals who need to enter and work in confined spaces. There are different levels of the course available, but they are short courses that can be taken by workers, as well as by managers that need to supervise workers. The Low Risk Confined Spaces course 6150-01 is aimed at those that need to work in confined spaces that do not require the use of breathing apparatus.
The course is a combination of theory and practical training. Our instructors are fully qualified and certified, which means that you can participate in very high quality training from highly skilled staff.
- Legislation and legal requirements surrounding confined spaces
- Identify and learn to use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Categorise the type of confined space
- Use of gas and atmosphere monitoring equipment
The course teaches participants how to identify what personal safety equipment will be required, as well as how to effectively use that equipment. Students will also be taught how to assess the risk category of a confined space, as well as the legal requirements when working in a confined or restricted space.
The course also teaches the use of gas monitoring equipment and how to accurately monitor atmospheric conditions, also what type of work is safe in this type of condition. You will be instructed on how to identify the best harness and safety equipment setup, how to fit and use it, and safely enter confined space areas.
All participants must be able to work safely in dark conditions and will be tested on their efficiency at identifying risks, working in confined spaces, and how to safely enter and withdraw from these spaces.
In order to complete the course, it is assumed that the candidate has a reasonable level of physical and medical fitness. Candidates should not suffer from claustrophobia.
- No experience or qualifications are required
- Some physical exertion may be required
- Participants should not suffer from claustrophobia
- Candidates must sign a basic medical form before commencement of course
- Course duration – 1 day
- Recertification period – 3 years