The 5 day training course is suitable for all Police Officers, but particularly officers in specialist roles such as firearms, public order, surveillance and officers of the Serious and Organised Crime Agency.
It will also suit officers of agencies such as the UK Border Agency and HM Revenue and Customs. Course duration is 5 days including classroom based tuition and practical scenarios using our SimMan resources, live ‘casualties’ and skills houses.
Successful delegates receive a certificate awarded by the Emergency Services Training Centre. This is valid for 3 years.
D13 Police Course Eligibility
No prior qualifications required, though some basic first aid training would be useful. There will be some pre- course reading required.
D13 Police Course Content
Standard Level First Aid including:
- Scene management
- Care of an unconscious casualty
- Basic Life Support
- Ballistic injuries
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Management of breathing problems
- Use of haemostatic dressings
- Treatment of abdominal wounds
- Burns and scalds
- Medical conditions such as diabetes
D13 Police Course Learning Outcomes
- The successful delegate receives a certificate of attendance on a D13 course.
EPTC Course Dates and Information
Dates to be arranged via the force coordinators
D13 Police Course Cost
Price on application.